Terms and Conditions of Split Payments Direct Debit Request (DDR) Service Agreement
1. INITIAL TERMS Split Payments will debit your nominated account for the amounts and at the frequency of payments as agreed between you and the Payment Initiator with whom you have a direct debit agreement and authorised by the Split Payments DDR contract authorised and accepted by you.
2. CHANGE OF TERMS Terms may be changed immediately with the approval of the Payment Initiator or within the parameters of the Digital Agreement issued by the Payment Initiator and approved by the User. This is managed through the Split Payments Platform.
3. DEFERRING OR STOPPING A PAYMENT Should you wish to defer a payment to another date you must contact the Payment Initiator before the date of that payment to request the deferment. Deferments are entirely at the discretion of the Payment Initiator. You may request to stop an individual payment through the Split Payments platform however you will still be liable to make this payment to the Payment Initiator.
4. ALTERING THE SCHEDULE Should you wish to alter the payment frequency or Day to Debit contact the Payment Initiator. Altering schedule is solely at the discretion of the Payment Initiator. The Payment Initiator may charge a fee for this service. The Payment Initiator shall notify you of these fees. Any changes made will not affect the total amount you would otherwise have paid over the minimum term of your Contract.
5. CANCELLING THE PAYMENTS You can cancel this Direct Debit Request Authority at any time through the Split Payments platform. Cancellation of the authority to debit your account will not terminate your contract or remove your liability to make the payments you have agreed to with the Payment Initiator.
6. DISPUTES If you dispute any debit payment, you must notify the Payment Initiator immediately. The Payment Initiator will respond to your dispute within 7 working days and will immediately refund the amount of the debit if they are not able to substantiate the reason for it. If you do not receive a satisfactory response from the Payment Initiator to your dispute, contact Split Payments who will respond to you with an answer to your claim within 5 business days if your claim is lodged within 12 months of the disputed drawing, or within 30 business days if your claim is lodged after 12 months from the disputed drawing.
7. BUSINESS DAYS When the day to debit falls on a weekend or public holiday the debit will be initiated on the next working day.
8. DISHONOURED PAYMENTS It is your responsibility to ensure that on the due date clear funds are available in your nominated account to meet the direct debit payment. Should your payment be dishonoured, you authorise Split Payments to debit your account when clear funds become available in your nominated bank account.
9. ENQUIRIES Enquiries may be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
10.YOUR OTHER RESPONSIBILITIES In addition to those already mentioned, you are responsible for ensuring that your nominated account is able to accept direct debits. If it is not, it is your responsibility to provide Split Payments with a new account number.